Thursday, January 19, 2012

travel log :: AZ & TX

braving the roads on the 6 hour drive to AZ

welcomed to AZ with homemade french onion soup

is there anything better than a peaceful flight without kids?

dinner at stephan piles

a night out to dinner in Dallas with old friends from college

spending time with my husband

my stash of bottles, toys, and paci's for the drive along with my 44 oz soda of course

so happy to be back in CA

My husband Andrew is working in Dallas, TX for 3 weeks. SO LONG! I decided to go out and visit him last weekend. I loaded up my car on Wednesday, and braved the 6 hour drive with my 3 kids to AZ where my parents live. I dropped off my kids to stay with my mom and dad for a few days and then flew from Phoenix to Dallas on Friday, and back to Phoenix on Sunday, and drove back to CA on Tuesday. It was a fun little getaway, and I loved getting to spend a few days alone with Andrew. I also enjoyed hanging out with my parents and sister in AZ, and of course I loved getting my Mexican food fix too!

This was my second time to Dallas, and I loved it. So much yummy food, and great shopping. Friday night we ate at an amazing restaurant in downtown Dallas called Stephan Pyles. So many unique dishes, but my favorite was the "coffee and donuts" dessert which consisted of espresso creme brûlée with caramelized goats milk, topped with homemade donuts. Then Saturday night we met up with our old friends from college and went to a mexican dinner at Chuy's. If you go there, do yourself a favor and order the queso with a side of the hatch green chile sauce. Chips dipped in that is an amazing combination.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loving your blog :)

You have a new follower.

xoxo,
Cheryl
http://www.naptimeisthenewhappyhour.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...