Monday, March 21, 2011

family time :: az

My brothers and sisters: Oldest to Youngest
Dustin, Amy, Erin, Brooke, Jonathan, Me
February 2009
Jonathan, Amy, Me, Dad, Mom, Brooke, Erin
March 2011
We returned home last night from a quick weekend trip to AZ for my aunt's funeral. It was this exact time two years ago when my siblings and I headed to AZ for my uncle's funeral. It's funny how funerals are so sad but can also be such a happy time. It was so fun to be with my brothers and sisters (minus my oldest brother Dustin), and to see all of our relatives that we don't get to see as often as we would like. I really am so lucky to have such an amazing extended family in addition to my immediate family. We grew up in a very very large family. My mom is the 4th of 13 kids and they are a very close-knit family. Most of them still live in Arizona and I feel so lucky to have such an amazing heritage. Not only do I have the best brothers and sisters and parents in the world, I also have the most amazing aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. I count my blessings for all of them daily.

2 comments:

m.m. said...

you cut your hair! looks so cute! should i go short, too? i've been debating it.

Julie said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt! I had no idea...thought you were just taking a little vacation. But I agree, even if it's a funeral that brings you together, it's always awesome to be around the whole family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...